Forums Forums Traffic Signs General Discussion Cattle/Sheep Crossings

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #3427
    Joe Hawke

    Does anyone happen to know of a supplier of fixtures, etc. to Diag. 4005 for an animal crossing. The sign plates aren’t an issue, but the large flashing orange heads are proving to be. Reason I ask is that I’ve a VERY old crossing on one of my roads and the farmer is looking to get it upgraded/refurbished.


    September 2018

    Hi Joe
    I think these large amber ‘wig-wags’ are usually based upon a conventional signal head with the middle aspect removed. Therefore I suggest you try the traffic signal suppliers. All the well known ones are here: ARTSM members who supply signal equipment. If you still have difficulty you could email the ARTSM general secretary, Kealie Franklin.


    October 2018

    Many older ones were indeed just a modified Mellor type signal head; I have seen LED variants but whether these are lawful or not in terms of design is up for debate. See this example here:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.