Forums Forums Traffic Signs General Discussion Disabled Bay for a specific person Reply To: Disabled Bay for a specific person


October 2018

Possibly not, but as no-one has made a court challenge on this, the law remains unclear.

A more glaring case of this is in primary legislation, so would be more difficult to challenge. The TMA allows only someone with the permission of the occupier to park across a residential access (crossover) in the absence of specific restrictions. Gaining consent for a crossover in an unrestricted area therefore gives you at least two car spaces for your own exclusive use: on your driveway on your property, and in the public highway across your crossover