Forums Forums Traffic Signs General Discussion Disabled Bay for a specific person Reply To: Disabled Bay for a specific person


August 2018

In 2012 councils in England were all given a special authorisation for a sign and road marking for this. The plate wording was “Disabled permit no. xxx only” alongside the ‘P’ symbol (no blue badge symbol). This is now prescribed in TSRGD 2016 for anywhere in GB, as is the option to put the permit number as part of the road marking (S7-5-1(4)).

It is possible that TSM Chapter 3 will recommend that the blue badge symbol is now used as well. That is also a prescribed option, but using it would require that the bay is at least 6.6 m long.

All these options require a TRO. The code used is up to the authority to devise, and then to provide some form of permit to the person concerned bearing the same reference.